Sort of like a deconstructed taco, this entrée-sized salad is topped with sour cream, cheddar and broken taco chips. If you have it on hand, use our Freezer Ground Beef Base in this recipe.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup thawed Freezer Salsa or salsa
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups thawed Freezer Ground Beef Base or 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Zesty Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 2/3 cups drained canned corn
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- To prepare dressing, stir together Freezer Salsa and oil; set aside.
- Combine Freezer Ground Beef Base, water and Zesty Taco Seasoning Mix in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and heated through, about 6 minutes.
- Combine beef mixture, lettuce, corn, beans, green peppers, tomatoes and green onions in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
366 calories, 14.6 g fat, 22.4 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 9.7 g fibre, 779 mg sodium