TANGY POTATO SALAD
Give your potato salad some extra tang with a generous helping of malt vinegar. This creamy picnic salad is great to bring to potlucks and barbecues.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 8 cups cubed peeled yellow or russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled and sliced
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Transfer hot potatoes to a large bowl. Pour vinegar over potatoes and toss to coat. Cool to room temperature.
- To prepare dressing, combine mayonnaise, pepper and celery seed until blended.
- Add green onions and eggs to potatoes. Add dressing and stir gently to combine. Season to taste with salt.
414 calories, 25.6 g fat, 8.7 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g fibre, 211 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.