Add a little bit of Japanese flair to your backyard burgers. These succulent burgers are packed with teriyaki flavour and topped with a wasabi mayo.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) wasabi paste
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and wasabi paste until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Combine next 8 ingredients (beef through garlic). Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill patties over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until completely cooked.
- Serve in buns with mayonnaise mixture, lettuce and tomato.
145 calories, 7.5 g fat, 2.6 g protein, 16.8 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fibre, 194 mg sodium