THREE PEPPER FRITTATA
This colourful egg dish features both red and yellow peppers as well as green pepper sauce. Serve it as a vegetarian brunch or lunch entrée.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 each red and yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp green pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a 12 inch nonstick frypan over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onions; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, water, salt, pepper and green pepper sauce until blended. Pour egg mixture over peppers and onions. Reduce heat to low and cook, lifting edges of frittata occasionally with a spatula, allowing uncooked egg mixture to run underneath. Cook until frittata is just barely set in centre. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
318 calories, 24.9 g fat, 19.9 g protein, 3.4 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fibre, 663 mg sodium