TOMATO ZUCCHINI SALAD WITH CAPER VINAIGRETTE
This unique salad makes a great side dish at a summer barbecue. The tomatoes and zucchini are dressed with a tangy mix of capers, olive oil, red wine vinegar and fresh parsley.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced capers or green peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 green onions, sliced
- To prepare dressing, whisk together oil, parsley, vinegar, capers, salt and pepper.
- Combine zucchini, tomatoes and green onions in a medium bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
91 calories, 7.2 g fat, 1.9 g protein, 6.2 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 323 mg sodium
If desired, 1/4 cup chopped pitted olives may be used instead of capers.