Use store-bought fresh cheese tortellini to make this easy kid-friendly soup. This is a great thermos-filler for school lunches.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 pkgs (350 g each) fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp basil, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese*
- Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add tortellini, tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
576 calories, 12.8 g fat, 24.8 g protein, 91.7 g carbohydrate, 4.8 g fibre, 2030 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.