Sometimes, a traditional recipe is the best choice, especially when you’re dealing with a holiday dinner. This classic bread stuffing is a great accompaniment to a turkey dinner.
July 02, 2019
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp sage, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme, crumbled
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 cups fresh bread cubes
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- Sauté onion and celery in butter.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Combine with bread cubes and toss to combine thoroughly. Combine with enough chicken stock to make a moist stuffing.
- Place prepared stuffing in a tightly covered greased casserole or foil package.
- Bake at 325ºF for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
129 calories, 6 g fat, 1.6 g protein, 18.5 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 65 mg sodium