TURKEY À LA KING WITH HERBED BISCUITS
This creamy turkey dish is a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey. It also calls for some other ingredients that you may have on hand after making a big holiday dinner.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced fennel
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups no-salt-added chicken broth or turkey stock
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Herbed Biscuits
- Heat oil in a large deep non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, fennel and onion; sauté until vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring, until wine is reduced by half. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in turkey, potatoes, peas and cream. Bring to a simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water until blended. Whisk into turkey mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and sage.
- Serve with Herbed Biscuits.
334 calories, 15.7 g fat, 25 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 2.9 g fibre, 117 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.