TURKEY SALAD WITH APPLE AND BLUE CHEESE
This entrée-sized salad is a refreshing way to use up leftover turkey. We pair the turkey meat with celery, apple, fresh herbs, blue cheese and a Pernod-vinegar dressing.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp Pernod (licorice-flavoured liqueur), optional
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped unpeeled red apple
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- To prepare dressing, whisk together Pernod, sherry vinegar, white wine vinegar, honey, tarragon and salt until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine turkey, celery, apple, green onions and parsley in a bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide turkey mixture among individual serving plates. Top with walnuts and blue cheese, dividing equally.
570 calories, 42.1 g fat, 29.4 g protein, 17.4 g carbohydrate, 3.6 g fibre, 618 mg sodium