Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate
Take your hot chocolate to the next level with this decadent hot drink, perfect for the holiday season to enjoy with family and friends.
Yield: Serves 4
November 09, 2020
- 4 cups homogenized milk
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp strawberry or red current jelly, melted and cooled
- 1 drop red food colouring, optional
- Combine milk and lemon peel in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Do not boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain milk through a sieve into a bowl; discard lemon peel. Return strained milk to saucepan. Return saucepan to low heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and rose water; let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk milk mixture until chocolate is melted and milk mixture is smooth. Return to low heat; keep warm.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until stiff. Beat in cooled melted jelly and red food colouring just until blended.
- Stir milk mixture and pour into mugs. Top each serving with whipped cream mixture.
485 calories, 31.9 g fat, 10.1 g protein, 47.1 g carbohydrate, 2.8 g fibre, 124 mg sodium