TUSCAN ROAST PORK
This special occasion pork roast is encrusted in a mixture of garlic and rosemary. Finish it off with a white wine pan gravy.
Yield: Serves 10.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 lb (3.5 kg) boneless centre-cut double-loin pork roast
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cans (10 oz/284 mL each) chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using a mortar and pestle or mini food processor, grind rosemary, garlic, kosher salt and pepper until mixture forms a paste. Pat rosemary mixture onto all sides of roast. Place roast on a rack in a large roasting pan. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and continue roasting until a meat thermometer registers 160°F, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Transfer roast to a platter and cover with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, skim fat from drippings in pan. Set pan over low heat. Whisk flour into pan drippings until blended and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in wine and broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until gravy is slightly thickened. Stir in salt. Carve roast and serve with gravy.
369 calories, 10.7 g fat, 60.2 g protein, 5.9 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 936 mg sodium
A boneless centre-cut double-loin pork roast is made up of two single loins tied together.