VEGETABLE RIBBON SALAD
Use your vegetable peeler to make zucchini, cucumber and carrot ribbons for this unique salad. We dress the veggies with a lemon-dill vinaigrette.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1 large carrot, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 English cucumber, trimmed and seeded
- To prepare dressing, whisk together oil, vinegar, dill, lemon juice, sugar, pepper and salt until blended; set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler and cutting lengthwise, cut long, thin, ribbon-like strips from zucchini, carrot and cucumber. There should be about 4 cups packed zucchini strips, 1 cup packed carrot strips and 1 cup packed cucumber strips.
- Combine zucchini, carrot and cucumber in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
76 calories, 6.9 g fat, 0.8 g protein, 3.4 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g fibre, 48 mg sodiu