WARM PEARS AND HONEY SYRUP
These baked pears are dressed with honey, cinnamon and vanilla for a fall-flavoured treat. Serve them for dessert with ice cream or over pancakes or waffles for a special brunch.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 3 firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pears, cut side down, in a greased 7x11 inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk together honey, water, lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon until combined. Pour honey mixture over pears.
- Bake, uncovered, basting pears twice with honey mixture, for 20 -25 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Transfer pears to a serving dish; cover and set aside.
- Pour honey mixture from baking dish into a small non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is the consistency of a thin syrup, about 6 minutes. There should be about 1/2 cup.
- Serve warm pears and syrup with pancakes or waffles.
195 calories, 6.2 g fat, 0.5 g protein, 38.2 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 45 mg sodium