WATERMELON AND CUCUMBER SALAD
Watermelons are a great hot-weather salad ingredient. For this recipe, we combine juicy watermelon with cucumber, fresh herbs and an Asian-inspired dressing.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 cups seedless watermelon chunks (1 inch)
- 3 cup sliced seeded English cucumber (1/2 inch)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp slivered fresh mint
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lime juice and hoisin sauce until blended.
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, cilantro and mint in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
52 calories, 0.5 g fat, 1.2 g protein, 12.1 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g fibre, 138 mg sodium
Cucumber should be halved lengthwise, seeded and then sliced crosswise before measuring.