WESTERN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
These tasty mushroom caps are stuffed with green onion, bacon and cheddar cheese. Pass them around as an hors d’oeuvre at your next party.
Yield: Makes 24.
July 02, 2019
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set aside caps. Finely chop mushroom stems.
- To prepare filling, melt butter in a frypan over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems and green onion. Sauté until mushroom stems are tender and light golden; cool.
- Stir in bacon, cheese and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Place mushroom caps in a plastic bag. Add oil and toss until coated. Remove mushroom caps from bag. Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on a grill topper. Grill mushrooms until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through, about 7 - 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
40 calories, 3.3 g fat, 2.2 g protein, 0.7 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 78 mg sodium