Whipped Feta Yogurt Dip
This speedy dip is inspired by Mediterranean ingredients and acts as a blank slate for multiple garnish options. Finish it simply with a swirl of olive oil and fresh herbs, or add a new twist with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses and toasted walnuts.
For more recipes, purchase our latest cookbook - Together at Our Table - today!
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
October 01, 2020
- 1 1/2 cups (about 225g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Garnish ideas, optional:
- Olive oil
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Pomegranate molasses and/or seeds
- Roughly chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Lemon zest
- Za’atar Seasoning (link below)
- Combine feta, yogurt, garlic, and honey in a food processor. Puree mixture until feta and yogurt are combined, about 30 seconds, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Add zest, pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Puree, adding remaining oil 2 tbsp at a time, until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- SServe dip in a bowl or spread onto a plate. Top with your favourite garnish, if desired, and serve with pita chips, crostini or crudités.
90 calories, 8.2 g fat, 2.6 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 131 mg sodium