WINTER GREENS WITH LEMON THYME DRESSING
Kale, romaine lettuce and bok choy are all readily available during the winter months. This mixed green salad makes good use of them. Everything is dressed up with a brightly flavoured lemon-thyme vinaigrette.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp sliced green onion
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 3 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups torn kale
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lemon juice, lemon peel, green onion and thyme; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Dressing may be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Combine lettuce, bok choy and kale in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to coat.
132 calories, 13.7 g fat, 1 g protein, 2.6 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g fibre, 23 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.