YOGURT AND FRUIT PARFAITS
These tasty parfaits consist of layers of crushed graham crackers, creamy yogurt and fresh fruit. Serve them as a luxurious brunch dish or a light dessert.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed graham wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp packed golden brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cup cubed honeydew melon (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup quartered seedless red grapes
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 tbsp thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- Combine graham wafers, pecans, melted butter and brown sugar; set aside.
- Stir together yogurt and cardamom until blended; set aside.
- Combine melon, blueberries, grapes, orange, orange juice concentrate and orange peel.
- For each serving, place about 1/4 cup graham wafer mixture in a small bowl or glass. Spoon 1/3 cup yogurt mixture on top. Top with about 1/2 cup melon mixture.
278 calories, 12.4 g fat, 5.8 g protein, 39.2 g carbohydrate, 2.8 g fibre, 122 mg sodium