Add some creaminess and tang to your waffle batter by stirring in some plain yogurt. Top the cooked waffles with an additional dollop of yogurt, if you’d like.
Yield: Makes about 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, melted butter, eggs and vanilla until blended. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Cook in a preheated greased waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown.
263 calories, 11.1 g fat, 12.4 g protein, 27.6 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 514 mg sodium