ZUCCHINI AND CHEESE DROP BISCUITS
These pretty dinner biscuits are a great way to use up some of your garden’s zucchini. They’re full of flavour thanks to the addition of cheddar cheese and green onion. Serve them warm with plenty of butter.
Yield: Makes 12.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in zucchini, cheese and green onion. Add buttermilk and stir just until combined.
- Drop 1/4 cup measures of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
134 calories, 4.3 g fat, 5.4 g protein, 18.2 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 224 mg sodium