AVOCADO MOUSSE CROSTINI
Top crostini toasts with creamy avocado spiked with spicy Serrano pepper and crumbled feta cheese.
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 32 Crostini Toasts
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place all ingredients except Crostini Toasts and cheese in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon 1 tbsp avocado mixture onto each Crostini Toast. Sprinkle each crostini with cheese, dividing equally.
70 calories, 2.2 g fat, 4.6 g protein, 8.1 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 129 mg sodium
Hot peppers can vary in spice levels, or Scoville heat units (SHU). For a milder avocado mousse, leave out some of the serrano pepper or use a pepper with less heat, like an Anaheim pepper.
Hot peppers cause severe skin and eye irritation. Wear disposable gloves when handling hot peppers and avoid touching any exposed skin.