BAJA FISH TACOS
BAJA FISH TACOS
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 small or 2 large halibut fillets
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- Sweet and Spicy Slaw*
- Mango Salsa*
- Pico de Gallo*
- Store-bought guacamole, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- To prepare marinade, combine lime juice, oil, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add halibut and squeeze bag to coat halibut with marinade; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in heavy-duty foil and place off to one side of barbecue grid. Remove halibut from marinade; discard marinade. Grill halibut until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 – 12 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Flake halibut into large chunks. Unwrap tortillas; place halibut and Sweet and Spicy Slaw over one side of each tortilla. Top with Mango Salsa, Pico de Gallo, guacamole and sour cream. Fold tortillas in half. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
314 calories, 10.3 g fat, 29.3 g protein, 24.8 g carbohydrate, 1.3 g fibre, 651 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled mango
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Serve with fish or chicken.
Nutritional analysis per 2 tbsp: 14 calories, 0.1 g fat, 0.2 g protein, 3.4 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 49 mg sodium
Tip: Hot peppers cause severe skin and eye irritation. Wear disposable gloves when handling hot peppers and avoid touching any exposed skin.