Creamy Lemon Pudding
Light and refreshing, you can enjoy our Creamy Lemon Pudding all-year-round. We particularly enjoy it in our Raspberry Lemon Trifles.
Yield: Serves 5
October 07, 2020
- 2 cups homogenized milk, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 5 strips candied lemon peel or fresh lemon peel, optional*
- Whisk together 1/2 cup milk, egg yolks and cornstarch in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat.
- Gradually whisk heated milk mixture into egg yolk mixture just until blended. Add lemon juice and grated lemon peel; whisk until combined.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, about 3 – 4 minutes; cool completely, whisking occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate. Stir before serving.
- For each serving, divide pudding among small individual serving bowls. Garnish each with 1 strip lemon peel.
188 calories, 5.9 g fat, 4.7 g protein, 29.3 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 167 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.