RASPBERRY LEMON TRIFLES
These individual layered desserts come together quickly once you have all the ingredients in place. Made with Raspberry Orange Syrup, Creamy Lemon Pudding and Thyme and Apricot Shortbread, they make for a light and creamy dessert.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp Raspberry Orange Syrup
- 2 1/2 cups Creamy Lemon Pudding
- 8 1/2 Thyme and Apricot Shortbread, halved, divided
- Whipped cream, optional
- Layer about 1 tbsp Raspberry Orange Syrup and about 3 tbsp Creamy Lemon Pudding in each of 6 parfait glasses or wine goblets.
- Repeat layering with remaining Raspberry Orange Syrup and Creamy Lemon Pudding. Top each with 1 tbsp Raspberry Orange Syrup.
- Place 2 Thyme and Apricot Shortbread halves in each glass. Top with a dollop of whipped cream; set aside.
- Place remaining 5 Thyme and Apricot Shortbread halves in a mini food processor; process, using an on/off motion, until coarsely crumbled. Alternatively, shortbread may be crumbled by placing in a large heavy zip-lock plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin. There should be about 6 tbsp shortbread crumbs.
- Sprinkle trifles with shortbread crumbs, dividing equally. May be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Do not freeze.
349 calories, 13.5 g fat, 5.5 g protein, 52.8 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fibre, 156 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.