PORK LETTUCE WRAPS WITH PEACH SALSA
Lettuce wraps are a great way to serve up tasty fillings without using bread. These crispy wraps are filled with strips of pan-fried pork marinated with Asian-inspired flavours. Top them with our deliciously fresh Peach Salsa.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled peaches
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Peach Salsa*
- To prepare sauce, place peaches, green onion, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Pour sauce into a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add pork and squeeze bag to coat pork with sauce; seal bag and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add pork and sauce. Cook, stirring, until pork is completely cooked and sauce is reduced, thickened and heated through, about 6 minutes.
- To serve, place about 1/4 cup pork mixture in centre of individual lettuce leaves. Top with Peach Salsa. Wrap leaves around filling to enclose.
171 calories, 7.1 g fat, 22.8 g protein, 4.1 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g fibre, 561 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.