SALMON BURGERS WITH TOMATO AIOLI
Make your own dill and lemon-flavoured salmon patties for these delicious fish burgers. We like serving them with our homemade Sesame Hamburger Buns and tangy Tomato Aioli.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup soft fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 Sesame Hamburger Buns, halved, or whole wheat hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Thin slices red onion
- Tomato Aioli
- Place salmon and egg in a food processor; process, using an on/off motion, until salmon is chopped.
- Transfer salmon mixture to a bowl. Add bread crumbs, green onion, dill, lemon juice, mustard and salt; stir until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Cook patties until browned on both sides and completely cooked, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve in Sesame Hamburger Buns with lettuce, red onion and Tomato Aioli.
489 calories, 21.5 g fat, 33.5 g protein, 38.5 g carbohydrate, 1.5 g fibre, 541 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Yield: Makes 3/4 cup (175 mL).
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until blended.
57 calories, 5 g fat, 0.2 g protein, 3.1 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 159 mg sodium