SAUSAGE ROLL BITES
With the help of a little bit of frozen puff pastry, you can turn our delicious Chorizo Sausage Patties into this tasty appetizer.
Yield: Makes 16.
July 02, 2019
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1 pkg (397 g) frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 8 raw Chorizo Sausage Patties
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry into a 12x10 inch square. Brush pastry with mustard, leaving a 2 inch border along the top long edge uncovered. Brush border with egg mixture.
- Form sausage into two 12 inch logs. Place each log along long edge of pastry, an inch from the edge. Tightly roll sausage in pastry jelly-roll fashion. With the seam side down, brush the top with egg mixture. Cut each log into 8 rolls.
- Score rolls with a sharp knife. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 23 – 25 minutes.
598 calories, 25.9 g fat, 70.5 g protein, 20.8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fibre, 1048 mg sodium