Sourdough Banana Bread
Sourdough starter is not just for making traditional sourdough bread. Let us expand your sourdough adventures with a family favourite – Banana Bread!
Yield: Makes 1 loaf
June 08, 2020
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup prepared sourdough starter, allow to come to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in bananas, sourdough starter and egg until blended. Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper that over hangs by 2 inches.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Using parchment paper as an aid, lift loaf from pan and cool completely on a rack. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
168 calories, 3.9 g fat, 3 g protein, 30.9 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g fibre, 272 mg sodium