Sourdough Naan Bread
If you have been wondering what else you can make with your sourdough starter; we have some ideas. Try our quick and easy Sourdough Naan Bread, a fun recipe that the whole family can make.
Yield: Makes 8
June 11, 2020
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk (2%), room temperature
- 1/2 cup prepared sourdough starter, allow to come to room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- All-purpose flour (if dough is too sticky)*
- Canola oil (for oiling bowl)*
- Combine all ingredient in a bowl.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Add more flour as needed if dough is sticky.
- Using greased hands, shape dough into a ball.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl; turn dough to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a warm draft-free place until doubled in volume, about 3 hours.
- Uncover and transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- On a floured surface, roll out each ball into an 8-inch circle. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fry naan bread in batches over medium heat on the stovetop until puffed and golden, about 3-4 minutes per side.
155 calories, 86 g fat, 5.5 g protein, 30.9 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 86 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.