STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
Chimichurri is a South American condiment made with olive oil and fresh herbs. It’s the perfect match for a grilled steak.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 lb (1 kg) sirloin steak, 1 1/2 inches thick
- Chimichurri Sauce*
- Combine oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add steak and squeeze bag to coat steak with seasoning mixture; seal bag. Let stand 15 - 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove steak from bag. Grill steak to desired doneness. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
276 calories, 18.8 g fat, 26.6 g protein, 0.2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fibre, 301 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.