Christmas Dinner Pre-Orders Now Open!
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner or a family feast, we’ve got the turkey and all the trimmings you need to enjoy Christmas with your loved ones. Pre-order by December 20 for pickup on December 22–23.
Muffins and quick breads are very versatile. In many cases, both types of recipes can accommodate substitutions and still produce a great end product. Something we’re often asked is how to convert a muffin recipe to a quick bread and the other way around. Muffin and quick bread batters are almost identical in composition, so it’s easy to adapt your favorite quick bread recipe to make muffins and vice versa.
Because quick breads are baked in a loaf pan, they contain a higher volume and weight of batter than individual muffins and take longer to bake all the way through. On the other hand, muffins contain less batter and have more surface area exposed to hot oven air, so they usually finish baking more quickly. Muffins tend to do well baking at 375˚F for about 20 to 30 minutes. Quick breads do well at around 350˚F and take longer to bake, about 45 to 60 minutes.
1. Choose a muffin recipe that will yield 10-12 muffins.
2. Grease the loaf pan with a vegetable cooking spray.
3. Fill a standard 9” by 5” (or similar) loaf pan about 2/3 of the way full with batter. If it’s less full, the loaf will come out flat; if it’s fuller, the loaf will dry out before the interior is baked.
4. Bake at 350˚F for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean and top of loaf springs back when pressed gently.
1. Choose a quick bread recipe that you’d like to have in muffin form.
2. Grease the muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray or used greased muffin cup liners.
3. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way full with batter, continue until your batter runs out. If the cups are less full, the muffins will come out flat; if they’re more full, the muffin tops will dry out before the interior is baked.
4. Bake at 375˚F for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean and the muffin tops spring back when pressed gently.