We added our homemade taco seasoning to this classic beef filling. Top your tacos with your family favourite toppings to make the perfect kid-friendly weeknight meal.
Storage Time: Beef tacos – 1 day in refrigerator. Beef filling 2-3 days in the refrigerator
Yield: Serves 6
April 23, 2021
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lbs (500 g) lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp Zesty Taco Seasoning Mix (link below)
- 3 - 4 tbsp water
- 6 flour tortilla (8 inch)
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Patio Pico de Gallo or salsa (link below)*
- Guacamole with Cilantro (link below)*
- Sour Cream (optional)*
- Heat oil in a medium-sized frypan or pot over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook, stirring to break up beef, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Zesty Taco Seasoning Mix and water. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve beef mixture in tortillas, top with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole and sour cream.
323 calories, 15 g fat, 24.2 g protein, 23.3 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 617 mg sodium