Summer Treats for the Whole Family
Does your family enjoy cool treats on hot summer days? So do we! We have put together some of our favourite homemade treats that the whole family can make, such as popsicles and ice cream sandwiches. We even included some treats just for the adults, like our Tennessee Big Boy Milkshakes – delicious!
EasyMint Chocolate Coconut Pops
Enjoy our dairy-free version of a classic ice cream flavor.
MediumQuinoa Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Quinoa adds a nutritious boost to the brownies used in these ice cream sandwiches. Try stirring a chopped-up chocolate bar into the ice cream before assembling for an extra treat.
Affogato is an Italian dessert that involves coffee and ice cream. This version is made with a mix of Irish cream, hazelnut and coffee liqueurs.
EasyFrozen Lemon Tofu Cream
This creamy vegan summertime dessert is completely dairy-free.
EasyChocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pops
Sweet, savoury , and refreshing, these chocolate peanut butter pops are a perfect treat on a hot summer day.
EasyButterscotch Ice Cream Sandwiches
There is nothing like enjoying a cool treat on a hot summer day! Satisfy your craving with our Butterscotch Ice Cream Sandwiches. Vanilla ice cream filling sandwiched between two thin and crispy butterscotch cookies - Yum!
EasyTennessee Big Boy Milkshakes
These grown-up milkshakes are spiked with Chambord and white crème de cacao. They’re the perfect ending to a summer patio dinner.
This dreamy popsicle is a real crowd-pleaser for both young and old.
Want More Ideas?
Looking to make your own signature cold treat recipes but aren’t sure where to start? Get the kids involved – let them come up with their favourite combos.
- Make up a batch of your favorite instant pudding mix and folding in berries, fruit, or jam.
- Extra fruit juice in your fridge – no problem. Just pour into moulds to make popsicles.
- Make layered popsicles by separating your popsicle mixture into several smaller contains and adding a different food colouring to each. Freeze one layer in popsicle moulds before adding another coloured layer.
- For a healthier option, place the fruit inside the moulds before pouring in your next layer.
- Make your favourite cookie recipe into ice cream sandwiches! Spread softened ice cream on half your cookies then set a second cookie on top of the ice cream to create sandwiches. Make these extra special by rolling the ice cream edges in crushed nuts, mini chocolate chips, or sprinkles.