Book Your Stampede Event
ATCO Park is the perfect venue to bond with your team and get everyone pumped before heading over to Stampede Park for all the fun!
We've all heard the term "Spring Cleaning" but what does that involve? Does that mean that there's "Fall Cleaning" and what does that call for? To help with these questions, we've put together lists of the top things you can do to remove all the grunge from your home, no matter the season.
Even if you keep your house clean on a weekly and monthly basis, a deep clean after winter will help freshen your home and get rid of any dirt, dust, pet hair and grime that may have built up over the long winter season. There are certain things that make more sense to do in the spring than at any other time of year. Here is a list of our favourites.
Certain things should be on your “to do” list in the fall and getting these done now will mean you are more prepared for the holiday season. Here are some of our favourites:
1. Clean windows and window screens, both inside and out, clean your window treatments, and clean your ceiling light fixtures; they will be ready to sparkle this festive season.
2. Dust ceiling fans and wipe blades using a damp microfibre cloth. Take apart and clean bathroom fans and grills.
3. Vacuum cold air returns and furnace vents. Damp wipe them clean.
4. Empty the pantry and refrigerator, go through food items; get rid of any outdated items. For a general guideline on how long you should be storing food items, see How to Store Food Safely.
5. Clean and wash pantry and refrigerator. The refrigerator will be ready for extra dishes for the upcoming holiday meals.
6. Clean inside kitchen cupboard drawers and shelves.
7. Clean the oven so it is ready for holiday baking.
8. Clean behind the stove and refrigerator.
9. Clean outside of kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors. Use a wood cabinet conditioner, if needed.
10. Clear out the clothes closets and change out spring and summer clothing to winter clothes. Separate clothing that needs to go to the dry cleaner and items that need to be machine washed.
11. Vacuum bed mattresses and rotate.
12. Clean bed pillows and comforters. Replace with heavier-weight bedding or add extra blankets, if desired.
13. Dust walls with a slightly damp, clean floor mop. Wash walls only if needed. Wash around light switch plates.
14. Wash garbage, recycle and compost bins inside the house with hot soapy water and disinfect them (if needed) using a disinfecting solution.
15. Check and replace furnace filters, if needed. Write on the new filters the date they were replaced to make it easier to remember.
16. Check and replace batteries in smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and outside security cameras, unless already done in spring.
17. Clean and cover your air conditioner unit, according to your manual.
18. Clean the heating and ventilation system following manufacturer’s instructions.
19. Shake out and air outside all area mats and small carpets.
20. Clean indoor and outdoor doormats to prevent new dirt from coming inside.