Slow Cooker Recipes
Whether you’re skiing or out for the day with your family, you can use these slow cooker recipes to come home to a hot meal that’s ready to serve.
EasySOUTHWESTERN BEEF STEW
Cook Time: 6.5 - 7.5 hours
EasyLEMON GLAZED HAM
Cook Time: 4 hours
Serves 10 - 12
EasyIndian Chicken Stew
Cook Time: 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 hours
MediumSlow Roasted Garlic Rosemary Pork
Cook Time: 4 1/2 hours
EasyHearty Slow Cooker Chili
Cook Time: 6 - 7 hours
Cook Time: 10 - 11 hours
Serves 4 - 6
Cook Time: 6 1/4 - 7 1/4 hours
Cook Time: 4 1/4 hours
Using a Slow Cooker
- Use fresh or thawed (not frozen) meat or poultry in the slow cooker.
- If called for in a recipe, brown the meat or poultry just prior to cooking in the slow cooker. Ground meat must always be fully cooked before adding to other ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Fill the slow cooker at least one-half but no more than three-quarters full.
- Keep the lid on! Each time the lid is removed, the cooking time may increase by 15 - 25 minutes.
- Ingredients such as pasta, seafood, milk, cream and sour cream should usually be added to the slow cooker in the last hour of cooking.
- Cooking times may vary with makes and models of slow cookers.
- Keep electrical cords of appliances at the back of the counter. Pets and young children won’t be tempted to tug on them.
For more information, see our What can I do with a slow cooker page.